Senior Economist, Bank of Canada, Ottawa, Canada, August 2019 to present.
PhD Economics, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, May 2019.
Dissertation: “Essays in Heterogeneous Agent Monetary Economics.”
Committee: Julia K. Thomas (advisor), Aubhik Khan, Kyle Dempsey.
MA Economics, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio.
MA Economics, Universidad de los Andes, Colombia.
BA Economics, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana Cali, Colombia.
- Debt Overhang, Monetary Policy, and Economic Recoveries After Large Recessions (February 2020).
- More Money for Some: The Redistributive Effects of Open Market Operations (September 2021).
Countercyclical Reserve Requirements in a Heterogeneous-Agent and Incomplete Financial Markets Economy, (with Franz Hamann), Journal of Macroeconomics, Vol. 46: 55–70.
Race as Determinant on the Access of a Job of Quality: A Study for Cali, [in Spanish] (with Santiago Arroyo), Ensayos sobre Política Económica (ESPE), Vol. 26, No. 57: 130–175.
Old Working Papers:
Constant-Interest-Rate Projections and their Indicator Properties, (with Luis E. Rojas), Borradores de Economía, No. 696, Banco de la República.
Economist, Macroeconomic Modelling Department, Banco de la República. Bogotá, Colombia.
Economist, Department of Financial Research, Colombian Banking Association (Asobancaria). Bogotá, Colombia.
Research Assistant, Macroeconomic Modelling Department, Banco de la República. Bogotá, Colombia.
Research Assistant, Research Group on Applied Microeconomics and Experimental Methods, MIMEX, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana. Cali, Colombia.
Seminars and Conference Presentations:
Canadian Economics Association Conference (Carleton)*, North American Summer Meeting of the Econometric Society (U of Miami)*, Society for Economic Dynamics Annual Meeting (Wisconsin)*, European Summer Meeting of the Econometric Society (Bocconi)*.
LACEA-LAMES Annual Meeting (Virtual), Banco de la República (Colombia, Virtual).
World Congress of the Econometric Society (Virtual), Congress of the European Economic Association (Virtual).
Louisiana State University, HEC Montréal, Bank of Canada, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, CIREQ - Concordia University, North American Summer Meeting of the Econometric Society (U of Washington).
North American Summer Meeting of the Econometric Society (UC Davis).
Midwest Macroeconomic Meetings (U of Pittsburgh).
Annual Meeting of the Central Bank Researchers Network of the Americas - CEMLA (Montevideo).
Fellowships, Awards and Honors:
- Dice Dissertation Fellowship, Department of Economics, Ohio State University, 2018.
- University Fellowship, Graduate School, Ohio State University, 2013-2014.
- Graduated with Honors (ranked first), Pontificia Universidad Javeriana Cali, May 2009.
- Teaching Assistant (Ohio State):
- PhD Macro Theory IB: Fall 2015-17 (Prof. Julia Thomas).
- PhD Macro Theory IIA: Spring 2016-18 (Prof. Stefania Albanesi, Prof. Sanjay Chugh, Prof. Kyle Depmsey).
- Introduction to Microeconomics (Undergrad), Spring 2015.
- Teaching Assistant (Previous Experience):
- Universidad de los Andes: DSGE Modelling (Grad), Microeconomics 3 (Undergrad).
- Universidad Javeriana Bogotá: Macroeconometrics, Macro Theory (Grad).
- Universidad Javeriana Cali: Macroeconomics 1 and, Microeconomics 1 (Undergrad).
- Central Bank of Guatemala: Applied Dynamic Macroeconomics (Grad).
- Economic Inquiry, Journal of International Money and Finance, Review of Economics and Statistics.
- Fortran (with OpenMP and MPI), Matlab, R, Stata.